Saturday, June 28, 2014

RAISING THE BAR

Right now I am serving in the Zone Ochogavia. And I want to talk about a miracle that is going on here right now. You could say this is the most humble part of our mission generally. It had the reputation of being the hardest and worst zone in the mission when I got here. Everyone wanted to go to the Coast. There was no growth. A few months ago president started focusing a ton on this zone. This month they will baptize 17 people. That has never happened before. Now every missionary wants to be here. The missionaries wanted to go to the coast before just to see the ocean. But now they want to go to Ochogavia to work! It is a miracle.

This week I was on divisions with a Zone leader who had never been to Ochogavia. We started the day by finding 2 new investigators and had another lesson. But for the rest of the day we ended up knocking doors. I love it!! We have a lot of apartment buildings in our sector so we didn’t have to walk very far. It got cold. We kept walking. It was 7 at night and I felt like we should go knock a door that we had knocked a few days before of an inactive member we thought lived there. We went and they let us in! We taught lesson 1 and their son who is not a member loved it! He was dying to read the Book of Mormon. The elder who was with me loved it! He said it was one of the most spiritual experiences he has had on the mission. The Zone does not define the work. The attitude does. People hated Ochogavia and it did not progress. Everyone loves it now and it is soaring. We can’t see or judge by the outside appearance. God knows where to find success and he will give to us if we ask and if we work for it. He will guide us to the people or the people to us.

We can never be satisfied. It is great to have 17 baptisms in one zone. The missionaries worked hard. But it is not enough. Now we have to have more. It is not acceptable now because I know we can do more. Our mission is getting way better. The missionaries are more obedient and focused. We can’t go back to how it used to be we need to move forward. The bar has to be raised and I know I personally have to feel the weight of the situation and work as hard as I can to help.
It is the same with our lives we can always be better and more like Christ, we can learn and serve. There is not limit. We put the limit. God is Eternal and there is no limit. The bar has to be raised always. Goal’s right?
I can’t imagine what the Sons of Mosiah would have decided to only baptized 100 people. They probably would have achieved it. But No they said, everyone needs to hear this message. Mosiah 28 3

I am trying to increase my conversion to God’s work. I love it with all my heart and I know it is true. But that is not enough. I am trying to understand how to change my mind to be more like the sons of Mosiah. To increase the love I have for God and his children so that I shake to think of people not living with God. I need to put the ideas in action that’s the harder part right. Increase my faith.
 I love you all!! Love the mission. Bought a one piece pajama suit today I’ll send a picture. Love Chile. Love you mom and dad. I love the Lord
From Elder Christensen

PS Chile lost today in The world Cup in PKS sad but ok

 
New PJ's

No comments:

Post a Comment