Saturday, July 5, 2014

Family History Stories


This week was awesome as usual. We had the monthly meeting with all the leaders but this was probably the best one of my mission. We had a huge counsel meeting and just talked about the mission and how we can get better and it went really well. 

 
In the end we had a class about....Our family history and the importance to learn it and teach others about it. So I got the feeling that I should start reading the stories that dad sent me at the beginning of my mission, that truly I had never read before.  They are super cool!! I learned that we have an ancestor that invented Tupperware and that there were a ton of Baptists and Lutheran ministers in our family. The earliest convert I have seen so far was baptized in 1832. And someone helped out in the burial of Joseph and Hyrum. I just got super excited to read the stories. 

I have never really known how to teach this to the people. Because I don’t know how to do it very well on the computer and we don’t even have a computer. So I think the best way to do it is share your own stories and get them excited to find out their own family story. And then we have to work really well with the members so they help the investigators or inactive members find their history. 

I was a good week.
Sorry for the short letter
I love you all
Elder Christensen  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment