Monday, April 22, 2013



Good-bye El Parron!

 I got a call Saturday night and they told me that I should pack my things because I am leaving El Parrón on Tuesday! I was hoping for changes but also I don’t want to go because I am going to leave these awesome people that I was able to meet here in El Parrón! I didn’t think it would be that hard to say goodbye but when the time came on Sunday to tell the ward that I was leaving I didn’t want to say anything! I just wanted to slip out unnoticed and everyone could find out next Sunday that we had changes. 
My comp wouldn’t let that happen and told the second counselor in our ward, Barrion Hon Garrido and he anounced it in Priesthood MTG. So as my last thing to do in El Parrón I was asked to consecrate some oil for the ward because every time someone needed a blessing they asked me.  I was the only missionary and priesthood holder who always had his oil and I am leaving. But I have had a good time.

I also have no idea where I am going but tomorrow I will find out.  Presidente King did give me the liberty to know that it is a ´Good Ward´  So I have nothing to worry about RIGHT? I  have a happy and sad moment to share about Emurson, our only progressing investigator.  He is getting Baptized NEXT Sunday and  I will not be here to see it. But I sent a picture of him home. It is the one with the twins--he is the older kid.
I am excited for him and I feel bad that I won’t be able to see him complete this step but I know that I was able to help him and his mom Paula out a little and introduce the Gospel into their lives again.  It is so cool to see the ward rally around people who really need it. Paula needs a lot of help and at first she only had the missionaries but now she has the whole ward helping out and that makes me so happy.


I can’t help but feel like I could have done more for this ward. I served here for 4 and a half months and I feel like I should do more,  but the moment is passed and I have to move on and look to the future.  I just keep thinking about the scripture in Jacob 5 that says "What more could I have done for my vineyard?" It is not my vineyard, it’s the Lord’s, but did I do all I could here?

I have a bunch of good memories and a lot of memories of getting doors slammed in my face but those moments really are good memories. It is hard to work so hard here then just get up and leave. I might never see these people again but also with out the mission I would never have known them.

It was a nice surprise to get a happy Easter card from Eliza this week and a letter from my mom from October that was awesome!  Thank you for everything fam!  You guys are the best!

PS JAMES 1: 22-25 LETS DO SOMETHING

LES QUIERO
Elder Christensen


PS.  14 New Hermanas in our mission this change… so awesome!!

PS #2 I had a little time to read the blogs today. I cant believe that Megan had 40 lesson in one week we hope for 40 in two or three weeks, but the work is moving on there--that is awesome.  Spencer has a Chilean comp!  That is pretty sick, but he is going to learn Spanish like mine…Chilean!! There is also a family Pobette in my ward I wonder if he is related to Spencer’s comp that would be cool!

LES QUIERO
Elder Christensen





My new best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment