Monday, April 29, 2013


El Mirador, Los Cerrillos


So I got moved to the zone Los Cerrillos.  It is more central to Santiago and it is a different world here than I was used to in El Parrón. The people have more money here and the people are also a little hard hearted. The difference here is the members have a great desire to work and do the work of the Lord. We have a tone of members talking to their friends and neighbors so we can have references to work with in this ward.  Also remember when we prayed 21 days for Tyson to bet baptized?  We are doing it again for our investigators and for our ward to find people who need the gospel. The cool part is I have already seen this work in the past so I know it is going to work again!
                                

Elder Guevara is my new companion.  He is from Honduras and is an awesome missionary! He will finish his mission in October so he has a little more experience than I do. He is super powerful as a missionary and I feel like we are going to take out the trash this change. We both want to work as hard as we can and be exactly obedient. I didn’t know what that really was until this week and I love it.  We are working so hard now.  I am so excited!!
We are working with the members and also with each other to learn better Spanish and English for him and to have more faith to find people and more excitement for the work.

I am going to finish with a story. Our ward is like two wards really because we have this huge area in the middle of our sector that is all dirt where they are building new houses so we have to walk 30 minutes to get to the other half of our ward. We walked all the way over there and all our appointments fell through.  But my comp got really excited and said we are going to show our faith and get excited to talk with everyone about the gospel and really have faith and follow the spirit. So I got excited and we contacted a little and found the house of an old reference we could not find before. We went to her house and she was not home. But we waited and she got home while we were waiting. Then we talked to her and introduced ourselves. Her friend had sent the reference so she was receptive. We told her a little about faith and she started crying and said she has a lot of problems but needs help with her family and her faith. So she said we need to come back and talk with her more!

Miracles are real it all just depends on our desire to work and our desire to follow the spirit. I know this is the Lords work and he knows each one of his children and will help them. I know for a fact that Jesus is our Savior and through him we will have eternal joy and I am super excited to help the people here in El Mirador find joy in their lives. I just need to keep praying, keep the faith and have hope, charity. AND  Excitement! 

Les Quiero



                                       


Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment