Monday, May 6, 2013


Let the Good Times Roll!

First I have to say CONGRATS to my cousin WILL and Welcome to Chile.   He will be a little south of me but that is all good.  It is the same Spanish and the same awesome people. Seriously, he is going to love working here.
Also, another really cool thing happened this week. I felt my first earthquake so that was really fun. It was at 6 in the morning and lasted for about 15 seconds. I woke up really confused because all the walls were moving.  Then I just fell back to sleep for another hour and a half because we get up at 7:30. But that was really fun.
                                    
We had our interviews with the President King this week and it was great. They are going to divide my sector into two and put in Sister missionaries to work in this ward with us.  That will be awesome!  Our ward is huge we have to walk 30 to 40 minutes to the other half of it to work there so I think it will be really good to have 4 missionaries working here.  We still have a ton of work to do. We need to find new investigators and work well with them because right now the mission is struggling to find new investigators to teach. But we are going to change that. Pres King also asked my comp how my Spanish is. I hope it is good. But I know I talk with a really strong Gringo accent so I am working really hard with the accent and also the grammar so I can be more fluent and understand better. But Elder Guevara is helping me a lot with that.
Also at the same time we started to teach English classes and I have to do a lot of teaching.  It is a lot harder than I thought because I never thought of how English works the way it does, I just speak it. So sometime I just want to say ´Just talk´ but I don’t think that would  work really well.
                                        
Well that is all this week I just want to tell you guys that I love the mission seriously. I love working here and talking to people about the Church and about my testimony of Jesus Christ every day. I know that my testimony is so much bigger than it was before. I love the Gospel and my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that he exists and lives today. I know that this is His work and I know that as members of the church we can really help people change their lives for the eternities. There is no greater pleasure than that.
Alma 30: 34,44
Les Quiero
Elder Christensen



Found this for Peter in a Sushi Restaurant!









No comments:

Post a Comment