Monday, May 20, 2013


This week we have been searching for a new house for the sister missionaries who are going to share the ward with us next change. It is harder than I thought, especially because we are looking in a brand new neighborhood that was just built.  We did find two options so we are just praying we can obtain one of the two.

I think it is so cool that we are putting two more missionaries in this ward because that means the work is going to move faster and going to touch more lives.  This is such a blessing.

The best part of the week was that we were able to go to the temple. Tuesday we didn’t go because we could only go if we had recent converts going and both of ours cancelled the day before. But we were able to go Thursday and do the work for the two names that already had been baptized. But I forgot how awesome the temple really is. It feels like you enter a different world in there because there is no noise, there is no news from the world and it is a time to focus only on Christ. I was able to clear my mind of some things and get answers to some of my questions and I just felt good after. I want to help people come to the temple so much now because I really felt the power of the temple. It is a refuge that everyone needs to break away from the world and have a couple of hours for God. I have such a testimony of the power of the temple and why everyone needs it. We have questions and the temple has the answers.         

                                         

I am trying to be more positive this week.  I have been a little down on myself as I usually am and my comp told me that I need to have more confidence in myself and also be optimistic and everything will be better in the mission. I love the mission right now but I do lack confidence in myself and I have always been a little of a pessimist but I am going to be optimistic from now on. When we doubt ourselves we are denying the help of God.  I am going to get better in that and exercise more faith.

This week we taught a person when we were looking for the house for the sisters and he had been a missionary for 7 years for the evangelist church. He was really open to our message but also at the same time didn’t want to believe. He thinks that all churches are from God. How blessed we are to know that there is only one Church of Jesus Christ and we are part of it. We know the truth and the more dedication we have to the Gospel the more desires we will have to share the gospel. This man was a good person and had the desires to help people know Christ and I admire him for that.  I wish we had more time to talk to him and show him the power of this message. People don’t even know the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ but we are going to help them.

Les Quiero

Elder Christensen




Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment