Monday, May 27, 2013

Hola Hola!

This week was really fast seriously I feel like I was writing an email to you guys yesterday. We only have one week left in this change! Wow the time is really going to fast for me now. We had an awesome experience this week. We are trying to invite all of our menos, active members to do something really simple in the church to help them reactivate as members. We asked one member named Goyo  to give a class on car mechanics to the young men for mutual. He said he would do it. Then we invited him to come to church on Sunday and he came!!.  It was really awesome because it was the first time he has come to church for 3 months or more. But he has been inactive for years so we are excited for that. 

On the other end we have an investigator named Elivira who has been listening to a lot of rumors about the Mormons and she is saying really weird things now. She said every time she reads the book of Mormon she gets a really bad headache and she feels it again when we go to her house to teach. We gave her a blessing to help her feel better and she said when we put the oil on her head it was really hot and she felt like it was burning her head. It was a really weird lesson but It really just shows that she is listening to the rumors about us and not searching for herself with real intention. It is sad but it is her decision to accept or not to accept.

I am trying to be a better teacher this week. We have been talking a lot about obedience in the mission and it is cool to see that when we are obedient we improve in all the other aspects of the mission too. For example, if we are obedient to have shorter lessons no longer than 45 minutes then we have more time to teach more lessons and to find new people to teach. Also if we focus on the doctrine in our lessons and the commitments and not just visiting we really help people to come and change their lives. So the Goal for this week is to have shorter lessons. To go in and teach the doctrine quickly and then leave a commitment and help the investigators understand how the commitment will bring them closer to Christ and help them resolve their doubts. This is the way we can help people change their lives. 

I am thankful to be here in the mission right now. It rocks and I love it seriously. I am glad that I can keep getting better and that Christ is working here with me and helping me do these things I thought I couldn’t. I know I still have a lot of things to improve on like all of Chapter 6 in PMG and I need to be more positive but I know I will always have help. 

An investigator shared this scripture with me D&C 112:19 I thought it was really cool and it says there will always be a door to open for the people who preach the word of God and it is true. There will always be at least one door open for us.

Les Quiero

Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment