Monday, June 3, 2013

WOW!









How is it going family and whoever else reads my letters? This week we had changes but I didn’t change.  I just got here six weeks ago but it felt like 1 week ago. Also I will be with Elder Guevara for one more change. But that is all the happened with us. Thanks, see you next week!
Just kidding 

This week I don’t have a ton of time to write but I wanted to talk a little about the story of Peter when he walked on water. I was studying this story this week and I felt really good. I like how the apostle’s couldn’t recognize Christ at the beginning but he called to them and confronted them saying, “Have courage. It is I”. Christ is always calling us and waiting for us. And he will do anything to come to our aid and help us, even walk on water. We need to have faith in him and respond to him like Peter.
He said, “Is it is really you Lord?  tell me to come to you and I will walk on the water. Christ did not hesitate to say COME. How cool. Christ is always close and if we have faith in him and follow him we can do all things. We can walk on water like Peter. IF we just put Christ first and follow him and have faith in him.
 Peter saw the strong winds and doubted. Did he doubt himself or the power of Christ, we don’t know, but I think it might have been a little of both. In our lives I don’t know if we always comprehend that Christ can do ALL THINGS. There is no end to the things that he can do and will do if we only have faith in him and follow him.

Also we doubt ourselves and if Christ really can work through us. When we doubt we are denying the power of God and it is as simple as that. This is a human condition that I know for myself I will always be improving because we can’t doubt in anything or we doubt that Christ has all power. But he started out the same as us with the veil and everything. He grew through prayer and meditation and studies just like the rest of us. But he was without sin so he was able to progress more and faster.

The last part is Peter called to Christ and said save me Lord. Christ saved him  and said, “O ye of little faith why did you doubt? “

If we doubt it does not show that we are doomed forever. But Christ will always save us through his infinite love and mercy. IF we only CALL to him for help he will be there to save us. He will always help us learn more. Why do we lack faith? First we are human with faults and all that. Christ knows us and  only cares about our efforts. He will save us from our short comings and weaknesses. 

Let us show the faith of Peter to leave the boat and walk on the water. But let us keep the faith to reach Christ and not sink because of our fear of the strong winds, or things of the world,  Nevertheless, Christ will always save us from the water and let us try again to come to him!

That is my sermon for this week thanks for all the help and support. Also I want some pictures of Jacob in the Buick.  I am stoked for him to drive !! Hey Jake, don’t worry if you crash… just run for it if you ever do!! No no definitely not!  That was just a joke.

Love 

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment