Monday, June 24, 2013

For a couple of weeks I have been thinking of a vision or a goal I should have for my mission as a whole. I have been praying and thinking a lot about it.  I received an answer from the Spirit. It has to do with obedience.

The answer is to learn to recognize and follow the promptings of the spirit. What other thing could be more beneficial for me and for others here in the mission and after. If I can learn to recognize and follow the spirit everyday and then give thanks for what I have received, I know I will receive guidance in my life and I will find opportunities to serve others and to share the gospel with them.

Now this has to do with obedience because if we are not obedient we will not have the spirit. How can you follow the spirit when you don’t have it with you?  Obedience is something learned in the mission. I have a desire to obey with exactitude. I can say I am imperfect but I have the desire and I work for it everyday. Once we can master the desire to be obedient we can focus more on the guidance of the Spirit. I think that is essential. Because everyday I will know what to study, where to go, what to say, how to improve, how to apply my studies, who I need to call, what I can to for my comp, and the list goes on and on. The key is to learn to recognize and follow the spirit.

I listened to a talk by Elder Scott and he said we should first notice and recognize when we are receiving revelation. Then we need to write it down and thank God for his help. Then we should always ask if there is anything else we need to know. We should not limit the inspiration we are receiving. I know more than anything this ability to recognize and follow the spirit will change my life and help me to always stay on the path and search for people to serve and opportunities to share the Gospel with them.

When we want guidance on how to raise our families if we have the spirit with us and we are obeying all the commandments we have nothing to worry about.

We were really lucky yesterday too. An area 70 spoke to us in sacrament meeting. He is called Elder Nuñez He was awesome. He talked about two things that I liked a lot. He said, We don’t criticize in this church, we encourage with ways to improve and to have the desire to improve. He also said Christ and Pres. Monson don’t criticize, they encourage with love and with Joy. They are both very happy men. 
And the Sabbath day is a celebration, a reverent celebration of the sacrifice that Christ made for us. How would you feel if you had a birthday party for your Kid and no one who was invited came? Bad right
That is how God feels when we don’t go to Church. We should wake up early in the morning on Sunday with a happy attitude that we can celebrate and remember Christ this day. I know that this will change our Sundays and bring the spirit into our lives more.

Last the Conference on missionary work… I can’t wait for this to take place. I am so excited about the announcements!

Les Quiero

Elder Christensen

Ps I passed the sacrament to Elder Nuñez, but I messed up and tried to give it to the stake president first… oops.


Good bye to President and Sister King!
Wonderful Mission President

No comments:

Post a Comment