Monday, July 1, 2013

New Mission President


First I have attatched this video from you tube that is the coolest thing of all time. I want everyone everywhere to see it because everytime I watch it I get really excited to be a missionary. This is a video of Presidant Eyring and Elder Holland and it is super powerful and I think after watching it everyone has desires to serve a mission so I hope you all will watch it.
Also we had a ton of rain this week and I couldn't take pictures because I was afraid that my camera would get ruined.  It was raining sideways for one day and then for three days the streets were like rivers because the draining system isn't that great here in Chile.  We had to climb a fence at one point in our day so that we didnt get soaked. The water was covering the whole street and all the sidewalks. But we had a fun time too.   And I tested out my rain coat finally.  It works well but I was soaked below the knees.  But it is always fun to walk around in the rain.  I always thought we would have more succes because people would see two young muchachos and feel bad for us. But they don't care.  We have less success because no one wants to leave and go out.  
This week we got a new president.  I have not met him yet but we have interviews on Saturday so I will get to know him.  I have heard cool things though.  President Barreiros and his wife left the office to work in the field their first week.  They left to teach lessons with the missionaries and knock doors and everything.  I think that is super cool!! They are really here to work and they brought a ton of excitement to the mission too! So I am excited to meet them.
 We had some good succeses this week.  First we were able to invite one of our investigators  to be baptized and she said yes. Her name is M  and she was a reference we got from a member.   She works Sunday right now but is trying to change her job to something more stable and so she can stop working on Sundays. She is reading the Book of Mormon and she has a good friend in the Church who teaches with us.  I know that she will progress and I am really excited for her.
 Also we have and investigator named B who we haven´t visited for two weeks and she said she was feeling really bad and sad about her life and wanted to know if God really existed. She prayed to ask God to show her that he exists and then 10 minutes later we showed up and knocked on her door.  We just passed to see how she was but she said that we answered her prayer.  So I thought that was really cool to see the spirit of Prayer work 
We had a good week and I am excited to be here right now.

I know that Jesus is the Christ and that he suffered and died for all of us. And when we are having a hard time we can have the confidance that Christ knows how we feel. When times are hard we can know that we are walking in th Footsteps of Christ,. Because Life is hard,  His life was hard so as followers of Christ we will face challenges. that is why our church is small. People have to choose a harder life to follow Christ and many peeple are not willing to do that. But if we perservere we will be blessed and recieve all the the father has. I know this is the true Church and the only true church.

Serioiusly Watch the video I know it will help

Un Abrazo gigante 

Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment