Monday, July 29, 2013

Good week

I don’t really feel like I have that much to write this week but we have been working really hard. We had a ton of lessons this week so that was good and we found a ton of new investigators. I am trying my best to be a good trainer, but like the rest of the mission I just have to do my best and it is ok to feel a little lost.
My Comp, Elder Largo is really quiet.  He doesn’t want to talk, ever. When we are walking in the street I try to talk about the Gospel first and then everything else, but I just run out of things to say. I don’t know what a can tell him to get him excited to work but I know I have to help him. I can show by example and do the best I can. He has a really strong testimony and wants to be in the mission but he is afraid to talk. When I tell him he has to do a contact he gets really nervous. I guess I was the same when I got here in Chile 7 months ago. It is weird how fast you progress is in the mission. I never wanted to talk with people in the street but now it is something normal. I still get scared sometimes but I just do it. I had an idea to go back and read my Journal in the time that I was being trained so I could see what I wanted my trainer to do differently then I can do those things. I know the thing that is most important is to just love my comp and to do all I can to help him progress. And we need to be obedient so we can have miracles. 
There is something called vision. Vision brings miracle and desires to work. If we have a vision for three baptisms this month, which we do, we will get them. I know that we can help people prepare to change their lives.  We just have to keep moving on with Faith. The vision is super important!
Thanks for all the support and your prayers I know that the mission changes lives and I know that one thing at least, it has changed me. I know now that the Church is not just a religion it is how we can communicate with our God. I know this is His church and I know that he is perfecting us through our trials and challenges. I love the mission and my Savior Jesus Christ
les Quiero 
Elder Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment