Monday, July 8, 2013

WOW!


Another week has flown by. It has been crazy. At first I thought this change was going slow. But now we have less than a week left. I don’t know what happened. Today was cool.  We got together with another zone 5 de April. And just happens that my Trainer Elder Camus is the zone leader for them so we got to talk a little. We also played soccer and ultimate frisbee and we had a bbq. It was really fun.

Mom you sent me a letter about happiness and it just so happens that we talked about our happiness as missionaries a ton this week.  Mosiah 2:41.
But obviously in the mission happiness starts with your obedience. We cannot be happy when we know we are acting against the will of God. If we are obedient with exactness we will be happy.  Then it is important to believe that we can be happy here in the mission. I am trying to say that ´I am a happy missionary every day. I am happy I am happy. And I try to smile a lot, And Guess What. I am happy!!!  I am the happiest I have been in my mission. I have joy to wake up early and jump rope. And don’t get me started on my studies, they are a blast!!  Who knew that everyday in the scriptures there is something new. Well everyone did, but it still rocks.  I still have my challenges and the things I am trying to improve on,  but I am happy. I love the mission.
And Kristin sent me a box. That was really nice of her. She definitely pulled a wizard moment. I was looking for small notebooks to buy so I could write the spiritual moments in my day in them. Then I got two in the mail form Kristin....Coincidence??  I think not!!!  Thank you Kristin!  You Rock!
I also set three goals for the change.  I am going to read the book of Mormon with all the investigators and converts and less active members we have. If we teach, we read the Book of Mormon to teach, we read a chapter always. The people I know will love the Book of Mormon like they should. Then I am going to study by topic and have a real uplifting conversation with my Comp everyday.  We are going to talk about things that really matter and will bring us more unity.  I am excited for these goals and I feel good about them.
Last we met Pres Barreiros and his wife this week. They rock!!! I am stoked to work with them  They started off the mission working in divisions with missionaries to teach lessons. They also focus a lot on Genereal Conferene so we are going to study the talks always in the mission. I am really excited about that. I always listen to a GC talk in the morning so I am excited to study them more. They focus on the family.  We always need people to know that our goal for them is the Eternal Family. I use my picture with people and say. I have an eternal family and I want you to have one too.  Super cool!  The President is super happy and excited to work.  So they told us we will NEVER have ´Problems´ in the mission only Challenges. WE can work through challenges so we are going to be more positive and happy. Ever missionary will return with honor.  We will learn how to live our lives by learning through our trials and challenges. Problems don’t exist. Last, President said that everyone will learn English.  We have to help him teach the missionaries English.
I am super excited to work in the mission!!!
DId you guys watch the video? I hope so did you like it?
Last I have a talk for you-- I hope you can read it and apply it in your lives
it is called “How to make a Gospel Sharing home”. By Elder Ballard. I know this will help prep my siblings for the mission and help the church grow,
Please Read it.
I love you all a ton seriously!
Much Love,

Elder Christensen

                              
                              
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment