Monday, July 15, 2013

DID YOU SAY MIRACLES?

Wow what a week what a week. This week just so happened to be the last week that Elder Guevara and I would work together.  it was a week for the record books. We destroyed all of our records for lessons and new investigators and more members were helping us. So GREAT!   We had the best week I have had here in El Mirador.  I know that it is just going to keep getting better. I am very happy and very excited to work here.

We had two miracles that were huge this week!!  First we had a family home evening with a family and they invited their friends to come and listen to us. And they came! It was a family.  The parents are L and M and they brought two of their four children C y C.  They are 8 and 7 years old. They were super fun and we explained a lot about Joseph Smith and the Plan of Salvation. Also, we talked a little about tithing because L said he hates that churches charge tithing only so the leaders can get rich. We explained what we use tithing for and he was impressed and liked it a lot. Then we also explained some of our rules as missionaries and they really liked it. They said they don’t believe in God but they are going to read the book of Mormon and we are going to visit them again. So I think that YES they believe!

Second Wednesday we had our correlation meeting and we were twenty minutes late. When we got there we had a surprise. There was a couple there and they were waiting for us. Their names are J and T.   J is a member and he said the T wanted to be baptized!!  Then we continued to talk with them and they told us that they dated as youth. But T moved away to Santiago from the South of Chile. So they didn’t see each other again for 40 years! Then J went to visit his old home and found Teresa there. Both of there spouses had died. So they are dating again!  Super Crazy!. But T is very open and prepared to be baptized. We are teaching her the lessons and she came to church Sunday and is reading the Book of Mormon. This week we didn’t find the people. The people found US. That is the biggest miracle of all. People who are prepared and want to know God better are finding us!

Last We divided my Sector and we have new Sister missionaries in the other half of El Mirador. So we are going to have to help them a ton this Change so she can know more members and the investigators in the other half of the sector. I am stoked to help them and I know we are going to have a ton of success here!

Last I also received the call to TRAIN this change!!. So I will be a dad in the mission! I am going to meet my new companion tomorrow fresh from the MTC. I am super excited to train and I know that my new missionary will bring a ton of excitement and power to the ward. Really we are going to take out the trash these two changes. I feel scared but also super excited that I can help bring a new missionary into the field! It is a huge responsibility but I know that if I trust in God, do the best I can , be obedient with exactness, and pray always and study the scriptures I will have Gods help. We are never alone in this work. I feel like I am starting the mission again I have butterflies in my stomach! รง

Thanks for all of the help and support. I know that this is the Lords work and we are his servants. We have to do the best we can to help him save as many of his children as possible. WOW How can we not Press on in such a great cause?

LES Quiero Muchisimo

Elder Christensen


Elder John Keddington and Elder Christensen
Seeing each other for the first time in the mission.  Home ward friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment