Monday, August 5, 2013

Ahora el Estudiante es el Maestro

(Now the Student is the Teacher)


We had an awesome week this week. I feel good because my companion Elder Largo is talking a little more. At first he was talking more with cats and himself than with me.  Now it is better and we are becoming good friends. I am really thankful for the advice Peter gave me. He said I just have to be super positive and be natural with him. I don’t have to try too hard and to just be myself.   I think that helped me relax a ton. 
This week I learned a lot from my companion, actually. So we started to fast after lunch on Saturday to get the 24 hours in for lunch the next day. It is always really hard to fast because people always give us food. So we went to the house of our investigators who are going to get baptized at the end of this month and they had cooked hamburgers for us for after we taught them.  I felt super bad so I decided to eat and Elder Largo was really firm so he didn’t eat. He told me it will always be hard to fast so you just have to be firm. So he finished his fast and I had to start mine Sunday. But I learned a good lesson of self control from him.
Also he has a ton of good ideas to play games and apply the gospel to his games and he has a lot of good ways to teach the Gospel and he is sharing his ideas with me now so I feel a lot better., 
He is really sarcastic too and I kind of just roll with whatever he says and laugh.  I can never tell if he is serious or not when we are walking in the street, but he is not sarcastic in the lessons  so that is good.

This week I learned something cool,  Well, I already knew it but I didn’t realize that I knew it. So we were teaching one of our investigators named Raul and he was talking about the nature of God. We are made in his image but not only physically, but mentally. A big difference between us and animals is that we can think and act for ourselves. Our memory is like God, too. Think about it.  We can communicate through writing because we all learned how to write and now we remember the meanings of the letters and words. So God told Moses to write about the creation.   It is like God was talking to us but 2000 years ago  and it works because we learned how to read!!

Other example, Journals are so important because I can communicate with myself from before the mission if I read my journal. If I wrote something in 2010 I can communicate it with myself from 2010 from my words. Through the Journal we can talk with our posterity!! That is so cool. I already write all the time but I am going to keep writing
I have a huge testimony of journal writing now!!
But that is my rant for the week thanks for everything I love you all and wish you the best!

Les Quiero 
Elder Christensen





No comments:

Post a Comment