Monday, August 26, 2013

So we had an awesome week because we had a BAPTISM. On Friday, we baptized A y P Verdejos after they got married. It was a  cool experience and I really enjoyed it. We went to their wedding which was about 20 minutes and then we had the baptism and I had the opportunity to baptize P.   She called me and asked me to do it. First she wanted the missionary who started to teach her to do it but our President said no. Then she wanted her son Roberto to do it but he is not a priest yet. So she asked me. I was more than happy to help her with that. The water was cold but the spirit was so strong it didn’t even matter! I just felt so good after I literally felt like I was glowing from the inside. I don’t know how to describe the experience but it was unique and I will never forget it. Also when A left the water I was waiting for him and I just hugged him so hard and he was crying a little. WOW it was so COOL!  I am so happy that we were able to help them progress and get married and baptized. Now we have to get them to the temple!


                                     
                                                                                                  
                                     
     






 Also I started writing all the blessing that I have seen in  my journal and I really like it because as I write the things I have seen I find more blessings to thank my Heavenly Father for. Then I just feel happy because I can see the hand of the Lord in my life. A big blessing I noticed was in the English class we are teaching. We decided to print an article from the Ensign in English to read with our class. It was about prayer and it talked about a family who lost a son to cancer. Then it just so happened that one of our students, O, had lost her youngest son. And the day we taught English was the birthday of her son who died. She said she almost didn’t come to the class but she decided to come and she said that the article was just what she needed to feel peace and comfort in her life. THAT WAS A MIRACLE!!

                                    
Also this week my companion finally started telling me what he wants to do and sharing his ideas with me. Actually, he kind of exploded with ideas-- it was awesome!  First we were planning a tour of the church and he told me in essence that I was focusing to0 much on sharing scriptures because I had one scripture for every place in the church. He said that the tour would not be very good and then he told me his idea. I was not mad at all which surprised me because he kind of told me my ideas sucked. But I was just so happy that he started to participate more and have ideas and desires what we can do and how we can improve. Also he told me I talk too much in the lessons and I need to shut my mouth. I also was just relieved that he was talking to me and now I know how I can help him. I need to give him more responsibility and help him lead the lessons. That will be awesome! I am happy with our companionship. I just have to find a way to help him feel better when he gets mad. Because when he is mad at me it is for 1 day or a day and a half. So I am going to improve that way. But I am super happy.
                           

Last Can you guys keep sending me awesome quotes that you here from the apostles or prophets or whoever but inspirational quotes.  I love them!   
Thanks I love you all.

Elder Christensen
I love you MOM  and DAD

PS I got called as District Leader 
                           
                                                         My Twin

No comments:

Post a Comment