Monday, September 2, 2013

QUE

This week was good.  We were able to find a lot of people to teach and work to help them progress. We are trying to work a lot with the members here because we don’t receive anything of referrals here. Almost all the work we do is with investigators that we find or that the mission sends us. So it is really important to help the members improve and get excited about the work. Also we are going to have a lot of activities here in a couple weeks because the Independence Day for Chile is 18 of September! So we are going to invite a lot of people to come eat empanadas and play with Chilean toys. Trompo is like a huge top that you tie a string to and you can throw it really fast and Volantine is like a small kite but you have control and you can guide it. I want to learn how to fly volantines!  I know people will come to this activity.

This week I think I had the first honest companionship inventory in my whole mission. I felt really bad because Elder Largo was always mad at me. And then In our comp inventory I always get scared to say anything because I don’t want him to be mad at me all the time. This week I tried something new, I talked a little about the goals I had to improve in the mission and the changes I have made in my time here. Then I think that helped my companion open up a little more   And I was able to tell him I feel bad because he is always mad but he said he is trying to improve and he did improve a ton this week. After I felt so good because we really could just be completely honest with each other and help one another.

This week I got caught up in the numbers and I felt really stressed but I know I just have  to work as hard as I can and have faith that we will find people that are ready to make covenants with God and let Him guide us. Today I had some time to just relax because we went to Talagante in the country of Chile and we played some volleyball and had a barbeque!! I had a good time hanging out with the other Zone and it was so calm in the country I love it!! It was fun I am thankful that I could use today to refocus on the work. We are trying to bring more people to church to help them feel happy. I am happy because I am trying to help others be happy and that makes me even happier!! I just like being HAPPY!!!

Les quiero todos
Elder Christensen

I love you mom
Talagante


No comments:

Post a Comment