Monday, September 16, 2013

Independence Week! 18th of September

                                     

This week was great fun. It is the Independence Week of Chile-- the day is September 18.  There are a ton of parties and everyone is really happy. We went to a stake activity with one of our investigators and there were a lot of games like the sack jumping and tug of war, musical chairs, etc. It was awesome.   The missionaries lost every tug of war!    That was sad, but fun. We lost to the married men and the returned missionaries. Also there was a lot of dances.  They were so cool I took videos of all of them but I can’t send them home because the file is too big,  but you can see them in a little while! Also we had a miracle that happened we taught an English class and after, invited our student to come to the activity and he came!   He only came for a little while but was able to talk with some members and enjoy himself. I love when we have activities in the church.


                            It was bound to happen to a guy who is famous for weak ankles!

We have another activity on Friday  that will be perfect to bring investigators too. We had another miracle this week.  We contacted a man a few weeks ago and he is from Ecuador. We decided to go back and see if we could visit him. He answered his door and said “come in come in!!” Music to my ears!   We got to know him. He has a family in Ecuador but he ended up getting divorced and moved to Chile and has been looking for God in his life for about a year.  Tomorrow he is going to come on a tour of the church and I am really excited for that!  He is also a painter and a carpenter and he is really cool! I love miracles.

                                        

       

This week I have been thinking a lot about the things I know now that are important and I was thinking how did I not realize how important they were before the mission. Things like the relationship I have with my family, the importance of Church, a desire to help everyone and actually doing something, real prayer, scripture STUDY.   I heard it over and over and over before the mission but it never seemed to sink in. Now I realize what I missed. I know we still had the best family in the world and we still do. But it can be better, always improving! I know that the little things are the most important!!

I love you all
Elder Christensen

                                         
                                                               Chile has gorgeous Sunsets



 



No comments:

Post a Comment