Monday, August 19, 2013

                                     

MARRIAGE AND BAPTISM


This I have really good news! A and P HAD their interview to get baptized this week and they PASSED.  We have a their baptism scheduled for Friday and it will be awesome! I am really excited for them.  They are finally ready to get baptized. They investigated the church for a year but couldn't get baptized because they had to get married. They will get married and the baptism is right after.  We have to plan the whole baptism.

It has been hard this week as well because I think in the mission we are always doing something new. We never get comfortable and when we do get comfortable, we have transfers or we have some kind of change. I feel this way because I am trying to help Elder L get used the  mission, but I feel like a lot of times he gets mad at me and I don’t know why.  I struggle because he is super shy so he doesn't want to talk to me or in the lessons. But I know I was similar. I was scared to talk before but I know that he just needs to try and it will come. I know if anyone has changed in the mission it is me.
Before, I was so scared to talk to anyone. Now I find a stranger that I have never met and after five minutes we are friends. I had that happen the other day. We were looking for a house and we were a little lost. A man named MW came out of his house and we started talking with him. It was fun because he was really funny. Now whenever we see him, we talk a little and we’re just friends. I know the mission changes people. But I don’t know how to help someone experience the most from the mission because it is a decision we all need to make for ourselves-- To enjoy life. 
President Monson always talks about enjoying the life. He has two talks that I really like Finding joy in the journey and In Search of Treasure. The talks are about doing all we can do now. There is no tomorrow if we don’t act and live today!
I am super happy here I never really feel comfortable because we always have a new challenge or experience to face but that is what makes life fun Right?:)
I love you all 
Elder Christensen

I love you MOM!!

Gift from former companion

Street named after the day before my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment