Monday, August 12, 2013

No Letters :(





There happens to be a MAIL STRIKE going on here in Chile so I have not gotten any of your letters and i think it would be better to wait to send the package because it could get lost. Thank you and I love you all a ton. I will notify you when the strike has ended. But for now I won’t get any of the things you send me. 


                                     
This week was good but I made a big mistake. I decided with my companion that to have more success here we needed to have more activities in the church.   We started right away because I was super excited to work and to help bring more people to church.  So we decided to have a movie night and we invited a bunch of people and...No ONE CAME!!  It was sad. Then we tried one more time with the same results.
                                     

Wow! I thought “what is wrong with the people why don’t we have people coming to our activities?” Then I realized what missionaries are. We are just guides to help the ward progress. The members are the real missionaries. So I saw that if we want to have activities we have to work through the members. We had two activities that crashed and died because we wanted to work alone and not help the ward with ideas and work with them. We just give the ideas to the bishop and then we do the best we can to get working.
                                     

So this week I am trying with my Comp to work better with the bishop and so I asked him what he wants for the ward and he had an awesome idea. We are asking every member to pray and work with one person to bring them to the church and they are going to choose one person every year. It is not a lot but it will bring a lot of growth if every member who can bring one person in to the church. Also I offered to talk in sacrament meeting whenever he needed.  Well, I really offered all four of the missionaries to talk and then that same night he called me and asked me to talk in church. I felt good because I think the Bishop has confidence in us as their missionaries.

It was a good week
Thanks for all the support

LEs Quiero
Elder Christensen
I love you MOM!

                                


No comments:

Post a Comment