Monday, June 10, 2013

Habits

This week I fell a little into my old habits of wishing my time away. I was not thinking about coming home no no no no. But I was thinking about the things I want to be in the mission like a leader or a trainer. But this is bad because it leads to disappointment.  I tried really hard to focus on my trust in God that he has a plan for me and for my mission. I worked really hard not to focus on comparing myself to other missionaries and I just want my mission to be between me and God. I know that he has a plan for me and I just have to slow down and trust that he will help me complete my mission in the best way possible but also in His time, not mine. 
This is one of my biggest struggles.  I think I lack patience because I want things now and not when God is ready to give them. So I am trying to get better with patience. I have been working on this my whole mission so far because I knew I lacked patience from the beginning. But I know that with the help of Christ I can get better and develop this attribute. 
                                                
This week was really good we 5 investigators come to church so I was excited about that and I think we are going to have three dated for baptism this week.  We have an investigator who is a little crazy but good named Maria Jose who said she felt something different in the church so she said she thinks its time for her to be baptized.  We are going to work hard with her to help her arrive at baptism.
But I am really grateful to work here in the mission and I know the through our Savior Jesus Christ we can all improve our lives and persevere until we become like him. Through his grace we all can be forgiven of our sins and become like Christ after all we can do. Never forget the work
Les Quiero 

Elder Christensen


1 comment:

  1. hello. just found this blog of yours through your cousin Meisha(which I found on random search) God bless your family circle because you guys are serving the Lord =)
    I've also checked your siblings & cousins blogs.
    You are all blessings! Thanks

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete