Monday, June 17, 2013

Week of Miracles

This week was really good!  We had a series of miracles happen in our ward and I am really excited.  First we were able to finally find a house for sister missionaries to move into our ward. In four weeks we will split the ward and we will have four missionaries here. That will be so awesome because I know the ward will improve with success and excitement.
Then we were able to set a baptism date for two families in our ward. There is a couplewhose son is a member and they have been investigators for a long time but they needed to get married and we set a date for them on August 23--a little far away but that is when they are getting married so we will just wait patiently and work hard with them. The other is a woman named Maria Jose who was an old investigator who stopped listening but then we found her in the street and started teaching her again and now she has a baptism date for July 20. Two miracles!
Last we received two strong references this week from members. These two people, Freddy and Millie are people who are prepared to listen to the gospel and to find answers to their doubts. They need the Gospel in their lives. There is a difference between finding new investigators knocking doors and working with members. The references from members are already prepared and interested. Our contacts are really new to the Gospel and don’t understand, so they need more work to prepare and many times are not willing to listen. I know that working through the members is the best way to do the work. But I am really excited to be working her in El Mirador. A lot of things are changing right now.
The last thing is I am trying to prepare myself more spiritually to teach the people. I have been thinking about that a lot . Without the spirit we cannot teach and there would be no point to be a missionary  Our president has about a week and a half left in his mission and he sent us a paper of ideas how we can be more spiritual. First, study the Christ like attributes. Then listen to good music and set goals for our spirituality. Then there are two more talks we need to study:  The Fourth missionary and Our Commitment with the Lord. I notice that all this things are focused on us focusing on the mission. I can’t be thinking about what I am going to do when I get home in a year and a half or what movie I want to watch.  I need to be focused 100 percent in the mission. Hear in Chile and in the people.
I have always thought that I am not very spiritual because I never thought I received help from the Holy Ghost. But I decided to set a goal. Every night for five minutes I  think about my day and look for times that I had help form the Holy Ghost. It works because I have noticed things, although they are simple, like the words I say or the topic I studied or how I reacted to some situations. I do have the spirit but I just never give him credit for his help. So now I am going to work on recognizing the sprit better.
I would like to leave you with a Scripture I found in 2 Corinthians 6:1-10  I think it is very profound.
1.  We then, as aworkers together with bhim, beseech you also that ye receive not the cgrace of God in vain.2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a atime accepted, and in the bday of csalvation have I succoured thee: behold, now isthe accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)3 Giving no aoffence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the aministers of God, in much bpatience, in cafflictions, in necessities, in distresses,5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in atumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;6 Byapureness, by knowledge, by blongsuffering, by ckindness, by the Holy Ghost, by dlove unfeigned,7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the aarmour of brighteousness on the right hand and on the left,8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;10 As asorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as bpoor, yet making manycrich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

I love you all,  Elder Christensen

                            
                                   flock of paraqueetis flyin around santiago

                            


No comments:

Post a Comment