Monday, November 18, 2013

WHITE WASH

Two words that are very special for me now. I think I am starting to feel like Eliza must have felt when she started the mission. I just got moved to a new ward in Melipilla which is more of the country. We live in a little town and on one side of the street there are houses and a mall and on the other side, there is a cow farm. It is fun to see and to get to know Chile outside of Santiago. I am about 1 hour outside of Santiago. I am almost to the Beach but it is about 30 minutes more by bus. I am super excited. My companion is Elder Alfaro from Argentina.  He is really cool. We are both new to the ward.  We don’t know anyone. We don’t know where we are or who our investigators are. But we are both super excited to work and I am happy to be here.
                                          
                                                                            Melipilla Chile

They called us Saturday and said the Elder Largo and I are leaving so we started to say goodbye to everyone.  Elder Camus, my first companion, finished his mission today.  It is so crazy how time pass so fast. I am all over the place right now.  I can’t even focus really well because we have so much to do!!  I love the mission.  I know that the most important part is that we can enjoy our time that we have to serve the Lord with our whole hearts.

It was hard to say goodbye to all the families I got to know in El Mirador for the past 7 months. But I am also super excited to get to work here in Melipilla. We have an investigator in El Mirador named Doris who was super mad that we left and also some of the members were sad, but I know it is for something. They need to know other missionaries. I am happy for Elder Largo too. I know he will be able to keep learning more with a different companion. I have a ton of pictures to send but I can’t. I don’t know what I can do about that but I hope I will be able to fix the problem. 

Thanks for all the love and support I hope you all know I love this work and I love you but more than anything I love my Father in heaven and his son Jesus Christ.

Love, 

Elder Christensen

 
LDS Meeting house in Melipilla

No comments:

Post a Comment