Sunday, August 24, 2014

CRAVING THE FIELD

I’m having some serious cravings right now!!! I really want to get back into the field!! I love doing divisions with the other missionaries because we are working all day doing visits and finding people. In the office it’s good, but I feel like I was always meant to be out in the field!!!

I went out to Melipilla again this week and I saw E and C my converts!!  But...they are less active...sad. So I went in there and we taught a really good lesson about the Baptismal covenants and we gave some serious testimony. It was really spiritual and E told me that si they were going to church on Sunday...tomorrow. I will be verifying that with the Zone Leaders there. 
                                    

Then I went out with Elder Graham again after living with him for 6 months. IT was good--we taught a ton of lessons and the day flew by then I got to sleep on a couch which is way better than the floor. Good times. But I am having a hard time in the office. I keep finding myself wishing I was back in Melipilla again just working way hard and worrying about the zone and how many lessons we were having all week and the new investigators we need to find. 
I just want to work as much as I can all day everyday. I feel like in the office I can’t really do that because we have meetings and other things to do, which I get are important, but there is nothing better than to just be walking in the street and finding a new family to teach the gospel to. Or inviting someone to be baptized and they just say yes!! Those moments are really great.

I have been reading the General Conference lately. I read Richard G Scotts talk and he talks about the example he had that helped him want to live the Gospel more fully. I’m trying to be like that. We need to be a friend of the people we teach and love them enough to invite them to live the gospel or help them understand the necessity of following Christ.
Also in PMG there is a section in Chapter 10 called teaching people who don’t have a Christian background. I have never really met people who don’t believe in God or Christ here. Well not very many. But we face a similar problem. This section teaches that a lot of people join the church because they feel the spirit when we teach. But they never come to understand the Doctrine, so they don’t change. Because when the Doctrine is understood it changes people. That is why people go inactive... they don’t understand the doctrine. What can we do?

Bear our testimonies, Talk about how we made our decision to follow Christ, Pray with people, Talk about how we feel when we read the scriptures. People need to know. We need to share these feelings.

I KNOW God lives I know he loves us. I know Jesus Christ in my and our Savior. This is his work. No one can enter into Gods kingdom with out Baptism with the true authority. This is Gods restored church and was restored by him through Joseph Smith who is a Prophet of God. Thomas S Monson is a prophet today. The Book of Mormon is true and I know it I have felt it and I feel the spirit EVERY Time I read it. 
I love you mom and dad
Elder Christensen 


FUNNY

No comments:

Post a Comment