Monday, December 23, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS from CHILE

I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Family I love you all! I think one of the most important things I have learned in Chile is how to tell people that I really love them. Do we take the time to tell our loved ones how much they mean to us? But more importantly is to show it--am I right? I feel so happy to be here in the mission because I feel like we always say I love Christ or I love my heavenly father. But do we show it? How can we show it? I have asked that question before and what better answer than leave two years to serve my Father in Heaven.

Really this week was a little hard because we had a ton of Meetings! We had to go to Santiago and we had divisions and a ton of stuff. But I noticed an old habit that was creeping back in to my life, which is when I compare myself to others. But it is such a waste of time. What is the point to compare ourselves when God made us who we are for a reason. Maybe we are not the best sports players or maybe we are; maybe we are not the smartest but maybe we are. In the end does it matter? No. I have never found the scripture that says only the Best are welcomed to have Eternal life. 

So I decided I am not spending enough time on my knees.

Truthfully I love Chile. I love the people I love the food. I love the culture. I am so blessed to be able to spend Christmas here. Sunday we went Christmas Caroling. It was so fun. We went to visit less active members but we sang to all their neighbors too. There are people who don’t have anything for Christmas, They don’t have a tree or they don’t have family. But they all said thank you for the music. I am impressed. I will be more thankful for the blessings I have. 

I love you all and See you Wednesday
Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment