Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Whoops, Today is Tuesday…what happened?

Hahaha just kidding!   We had our preparation day today because we had changes yesterday so we didn’t have very much time to do anything. It was a good change. I can’t believe that 2013 has already ended. It makes me think how short life is, how little time that Heavenly Father has given me to work here in Chile. 2 years is all. At times it is true that it feels like it will never end. But most the time I hope it never does. My companion told me the other day," what is the point to start something if you are just waiting for it to end" It is true there. is no reason to serve a mission just to see the end of it.  We must love it and change through it. This time is precious and I don’t want to waste any of it.

Ok, I am going to make it short this week. I have a  Miracle of the Week and then Lesson of the week. First; the Miracle of the week: 

We have investigators named E and J. They are super cool, but we went to their house yesterday and they said we had to talk. They said they don’t want to listen to you guys anymore. We like your visits but we don’t want to get married or go to church. And we said whoa whoa whoa, Who said anything about that?  We just asked you guys to read the Book of Mormon and we can get to the rest a little later. They said oh that is ok we like to read the Book of Mormon because we feel better in our day and everything goes better. We also like the stories, so we will keep listening to you and reading the book of Mormon!!! Bam Roasted!!

I know that if we just read the Book of Mormon it will change our lives. We don’t need to think about anything else because that just complicates our lives. We need to pray everyday and we need to read the Book of Mormon and nothing else.

Lesson Learned:

Today I called a sister to see if we could just pick up our lunch so we could have more of a p-day. She said no. Then we went to her house and she started talking to me in English because she lived in Arizona for a long time. But she asked me," What does your mom do when she invites a lot of people over to your house to eat or have a party," So I said well she cleans up the house and cooks all day. Sets up the tables and makes the house look its best. And she makes sure everyone is happy and fed before she eats. Then the sister asked me, " How would she feel if they called and hour before to ask if they could just pick up the food".    Obviously that was bad. In Chile we call this a PALO which is like a Slap to the Face. I did not appreciate the work and the sacrifice the sister made to invite us to eat lunch with her and I felt sorry for that.  I will always remember to be thankful to eat with a family here. They sacrifice so much to have us over for lunch. I love the Chileans!!!
                                       
                                       
I love you Mom and Dad

Elder Christensen
With my Rudolph pen

I love Pretzels!
 



Friends

Elder Hipster

Friends

The Church?

No comments:

Post a Comment