Monday, January 13, 2014

WE CAN’T WASTE TIME!

This week I had a really cool experience that helped me appreciate this time I have to help others. First, we did so much service. I don’t think I have seen so many spiders in my whole life! I made it through, but it was tough. Service is always really cool. We cleaned out storage areas this week!

We were visiting with our friend JP who started coming to church again a little while ago. And we went with our ward mission leader named HM. We were talking to JP about what he is going to study and about his friends. HM then said " and what about a mission" He said, “ I don’t know maybe in a couple of years." Then HM said. “I am going to be sincere, you are wasting your time here. You can’t lose the two years as a missionary because there is no other place where you can progress so much spiritually. I realized that too. This time is great. The changes are many. The prize is huge. I know the blessings don’t stop coming. Now we have to get JP on a mission!

Another miracle we had was that we cleaned out a storage room. And we were working with one of our Investigators named O. We were working for another Investigator named M and  we worked hard for about 2 hours to reorganize her patio and to clean out all the spiders and dust. Then she invited us back to visit her because she wants to know why we do so much service. It was a little miracle because before she said she is Catholic and doesn’t want to change. It is cool how such a small act of kindness, just an invitation to help someone, can change their hearts.

Thanks for all the help and support and prayers!

 I Love you,


Elder Christensen
Making bread

working

Elders Avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment