Monday, January 27, 2014

Bueno 

This week went by really fast. I don’t really have much to say because I am almost sure that it should still be Wednesday! We had many divisions last week. But it was real good. We saw some miracles and found some new people to teach but the highlight was a baptism that the Sister missionaries had in our Rama. 

Saturday a man named M was baptized and truly it was the most spiritual baptism I have seen. He was so prepared even though he had a ton of trials to pass through.  He got baptized and then he bore his testimony. It was so cool. He said," Before I didn’t believe in what the missionaries were teaching me, I did not want to be Mormon and I did not believe in Mormon or in Smith. But then I kneeled down one night and asked God to tell me or show me a vision of the truth. And he did he answered my prayer and I know that Mormon and Smith are true!" Those were almost his exact words. 
I was just impressed with his testimony. Also the Sister missionaries are so good. They prepared so much for M.  They had church videos, pictures, a book of congratulations, and treats. The sisters really work hard to help people feel welcome. 

I was also impressed a lot this week in the importance of the scriptures. I read a talk called Spiritual Protection, or something similar. And It talked about the need of daily scripture study. It is not just a good Idea but it is a need. If we read and study and ponder everyday on the word of God we will be protected by him and receive guidance. We have so many options too. The Bible,the Book of Mormon, D&C, and General Conference.

In Ether 8:26 it says Wherefore, I, Moroni, am commanded to write these things that evil may be done away, and that the time may come that Satan may have ano power upon the hearts of the children of men, but that they may bebpersuaded to do good continually, that they may come unto the fountain of all crighteousness and be saved.
  
The scriptures not only protect us but they take out and destroy the Evil that is in our lives. I know we need to read everyday.

I love you all yes especially you mom
 Elder Christensen

 
The Narnia Cupboard

No comments:

Post a Comment