Monday, February 3, 2014

DID WE BUY A ZOO?

Wow, we have had some big things happen. First, Nathanael gets married before I get back. I am happy for him. Send me a video or something so I can know how it all goes. Also, did you know that John Durham’s sister is in my mission? Anni Durham.  She is Peter’s age, I think. That was a weird experience too!

Such a small world brings many miracles!

This week we invited all the people we could to be baptized and almost all of them said yes. So that was really cool. We have a ton of work to do though because the invitation is always a goal. So we still have to prepare everyone for their baptisms. That means teach all the lessons and help them recognize the answers to their prayers and gain a testimony. That is a lot of work. But it is well worth it. Three of the people who said yes to baptism came to church with us. It rocked because it was the Sunday of Testimonies which is the best!

 
This week we literally had a “we bout a zoo moment”. We were walking down the street and a cow ran past us in the middle of the road. From where? I still don’t know. But I thought of when the bear gets loose from the zoo and they had to go get it. The regret of the week is that I did not take a picture. I am thankful for all the experiences in the mission.

Today we went to a dam in the country it was really cool.   We had a tour and saw a bunch of carp fish and we played some games. It is really hard to make everyone happy but I think everyone enjoyed it.

Last, I finished reading the book of Mormon today. I know it is true, when I read it  I feel like I enter a bubble where there is no noise or worries and I can just focus. It also makes me think a lot on what I can do more and how I can serve others better.  Am I too focused on myself still? I hope not, but I know I can do more to help others.   I want to be more compassionate and observe better so I know who needs help and I can know how to help them. I am trying to learn to ponder more on what I read and learn so I really understand it and apply it in my life.

I love you all and as always especially I love my mom
Elder Christensen










No comments:

Post a Comment