Monday, March 10, 2014

Think of Christ

We had a pretty cool experience this week.   We went to teach one of our investigators named E about Tithing. I feel like as missionaries we sometimes are scared to teach the commandments because we don’t want to find the problems of our investigators. So we always wait until the end to teach them. But it shouldn't be like that because we have to help them repent before their baptism and they have to know the commandments to prepare themselves. Anyway, we went and started teaching about tithing and she said, “It is so obvious!! We have to pay tithing. When we pay tithing with a willing heart we receive double the blessings.”  Also, she loved the fast offerings, she said that we have so many blessings we have to share with the people who don’t have anything!!
                                         

That was a milagrito (a small miracle) She also came to church

I learned a lot from my studies today.  I learned about the light of Christ. As missionaries we work a lot with the light of Christ and the Power of the Holy Ghost because we try to create environments where people can feel and recognize the presence of the Holy Ghost. This should never be new for them because we all come from the presence of our Heavenly Father. We already know how it feels to be in his presence. So the Holy Ghost should be a familiar feeling. We should know it. So when we help people learn more about Christ they become more sensitive to what they already know.

Two little guys in a large shirt
                                     

Also I learned that the Adversity is a gift from God. He gives us trials so we trust him and have faith in him. We always come closer to God when we are in hard trials. We learn to really love him and trust him. I come to be more humble and to not only say, thy will be done, but mean it too. When we really come to love God we give up our own will and we unite ourselves with Gods will.

“I couldn't get Him out of my head. Still can’t. I spent three solid days thinking about Him. 
The more He bothered me, the less I could forget Him.  And the more I learned about Him, 
the less I wanted to leave Him” 

The more we think of Christ and learn of him our commitment to follow him until the end will increase.

I love you all thanks for all you do for me
Love you Mom
Elder Christensen

Bus to Santiago
                                     
Who know what this is?
                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment