Monday, March 31, 2014

COWS

What a week. This week I got used to sleeping on the floor because I was on the floor three days for divisions and I had to get my visa again. So when I got home on Saturday night, I laid down in my bed, I don’t remember anything else until Sunday at 7 30 in the morning. That was a good sleep.


We had some crazy divisions; first, we got there in the country at about 9 40 at night and we got off the bus in the highway and we couldn’t see anything so we started walking using the cell phone and the star light as a guide. We found the elders in a house eating sopaipillas and talking with about 6 men. We went in and started talking and they invited us to lunch the next day because they had just killed a cow and wanted to have a BBQ with us!! It was awesome. So we went and did service with them and ate Cow freshly killed.




Then I went and biked 25 miles. Taught some lessons and it was a good time.
On the way back to the city we were waiting for the bus for about 30 minutes and it never came and then we saw our new friends who killed the cow and they stopped and took us to Melipilla in their truck it was cool.

We had a good month of March and now we have three baptisms planned for this Sunday during the conference. We are super excited for the work that is happening here in Melipilla.

Today I studied about Covenants and I liked it a lot. I learned that the Covenants that we make are the guides in our life. They tell us what God expects of us. For example, baptism. We promised, we covenanted, with God that we would take the name of Christ upon us and keep his commandments. So that is what God expects of us. As result of that we will have the Spirit to be with us.
I have been thinking a lot because people always ask if the church pays us to be here or if we are obligated to be here.  Fiscally no and we say no it is a service we choose to do. But spiritually I am obligated. I know that I made a covenant with My Heavenly Father to be here. I have always felt like I can’t leave the mission. But I never understood why. But I know that this is a promise between me and God and I will complete my part. I promised and I will complete with that promise. I am grateful to be here and for the blessings God has given me. I love you all.

Elder Christensen

                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment