Saturday, May 17, 2014

Funny Experiences & Graffiti

                                               

Wow we always have funny experiences in my new sector. Last night we were contacting and we were finishing up the day. We were going to go take a bus back to the house and I told Elder Foster that we had to do one contact more. So we knocked on a door and an old lady came out. She just kept asking, “What do you want! What do you want!”
So I said hi and that we are missionaries here to help you. She continued no no no you only believe in Joseph Smith and not in Christ and God so I don’t need to talk to you. You don’t even understand the bible.... and all that. We tried to explain to her what we REALLY believe. But she didn’t want to hear.
It was so outrageous that it was really funny. Elder Foster started laughing right there in the doorway and I did too. Good old street contacts!
                                            

But we actually had a great week! We started it out by giving a training meeting about how to be a good leader and the importance of obedience and the seriousness of the mission. It was pretty good. It helped me focus a little because I am not here to get to know Chile because there are people dying spiritually everyday!! We need to help them!

The real miracle of the week was that we went to visit a less active member named I, and he wasn’t home. But his wife came outside, who supposedly hates missionaries. We started talking to her and she actually told us she didn’t want anything to do with us. But we just kept talking and literally God changed her heart in front of our faces. She came out to the fence and shook our hand and said come back Friday. We went back and I was still a little shocked and sat us down in the front room alone. Then his wife, M, came out and said what are you doing out here come in!!! and we sat down in the family room with her and I and their two sons who are not members. We just talked about Christ and we saw some short videos about him and we read Mosiah 3 in the Book of Mormon. It was so spiritual we are going back tomorrow and I know they want to go back to church. They still have some challenges but they want their sons to get baptized too. M asked for a blessing after too. It was so cool we didn’t even do anything; it was all the spirit with the Book of Mormon!!
I know this is real and Jesus Christ is our Savior!
I love you mom and dad
Elder Christensen








No comments:

Post a Comment