Saturday, May 24, 2014

JOURNALS




This week I have been reading up on some of my experiences I have had here in the mission. I have been writing a ton too, because my companion taught me to be a little more detailed in my entries. Then we started reading up the experiences. I feel like I have been here forever but it has passed by like a day. It is the weirdest feeling. 

It is getting cold down here and it actually rained for the first time this week and we got caught right in the middle of it. We left in the morning and it looked all good. But then we took a bus to our sector later in the afternoon and it was raining a little. We said hopefully it stops...It didn’t. We got soaked so we were running around looking for houses that had roofs that covered the doors so we could hide from the rain. We contacted while hiding and almost everyone was busy but we still found a cool guy named A who let us in and tried to give us coffee. But we got hot chocolate in the end so all good. He accepted a baptismal date and is coming to church tomorrow!!!

Today we had an incomplete family of I and M who invited us to eat with them and we went. They are so cool.  We are praying really hard for them so they get to church tomorrow. It is so good getting to know people here!!

I have been having a lot of fun too with Elder Foster.  He has really helped me laugh a lot more while working and we are finding a ton of new people to teach! We have a lot of work to do but we still find a lot of time to get out to our sector and we actually have a lot of investigators. President Barrieros always says “a happy missionary is a missionary who teaches”.
That is the truth loved family!
I love you mom and daddy and the rest of the bunch too!

Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment