Saturday, May 31, 2014

La Playa

This week I went on divisions to the Coast which is about one and a half hours from Santiago. It was nice. I saw the ocean and everything. But in San Antonio there are a ton of hills and they are not small!! I got pretty tired. It was cold outside so we were all in our big coats then we went up the hill and were all sweating because the hill was so big. 
We visited this really cool family who are evangelicals’. We sang a hymn to start and then we taught a little about baptism. Good lesson, great family, and we made it short-like 25 minutes. But after the lesson the family wanted to sing for us. They pulled out two guitars, a banjo and an accordion. And they sang their hearts out and it was really good too. It made our hymn look very simple but it was still great!! Nothing better than evangelic songs!!
We also had some interviews—well, president did some interviews with the Zone PeƱaflor and we were there doing classes with the missionaries, It started at 9 and ended at 4 so after we proceeded to the Maipu mall and bought a huge burger and a nice Completo (Hot dog with Avocado) it was good!! Good old fast food. I’m so sick of it, we always buy food for the first time in my mission but we cooked lunch today. We made Avocado, egg, rice, dorito sandwiches!!! They were way good !! 
We ate a ton!
                                      

We are teaching this guy named G who just gives me hope. I get happy to just be around the guy. He is one of those people who is just a GOOD GUY. He loves God and always is reading the bible. So we gave him a book of Mormon and he is already in 1 Nephi 8. He loves everything that has to do with God and he always makes time to pray and read. He is a super nice guy too. I love talking with people who want to know the truth and not just that but are willing to search it and work to find it. The only way to know if our message is true is if you read the Book of Mormon and there are so many people who won’t even read it. But that is all you need. I know God will answer G and will let him know the book is true. In God we can Trust Always! We need to do our part. 
I love the scriptures they are so important! I love reading them in the morning. I always try to get to my studies early so I have more time to read. I know that God talks to us through the scriptures, God is great, he is simple, he doesn’t need to reveal to us personally answers to questions he has already answered. The answers are in the scriptures! 

I love you mom and dad
Love Elder Christensen
2 Nefi 9: 50-51


No comments:

Post a Comment