Tuesday, September 9, 2014

FOCUS ON OTHERS

This week we had changes. Obviously I didn’t get changed nor my comp Elder Stephens, but we added a new companion.  We are in a trio.  I’m so excited I’ve never worked in a trio before so were going to see how it works out. Our new comp is named Elder Candia. He’s from Peru and is awesome. We were together in Melipilla. He was one of the District leaders so I’m pretty happy.
                                    

Also another miracle happened.  I found a man in Melipilla named Jose Luis who became an investigator but never got baptized for some personal problems that he had. Now he’s getting baptized-- 9 months after I found him with Elder Alfaro in the streets of Melipilla contacting. And I get to baptize him. So Saturday, I’m going over to Melipilla to baptize him!! That is such a miracle!!
No effort is lost.

                                     
We have a lot to do here still

I was reading today in the General Conference about ministering. That is to help Gods children feel and understand the love he has for them. We are all tools in Gods hands and he needs us to minister to his children. There are so many people who need help in the world, physically and spiritually. And God uses us. What a blessing he trusts us. All we have to do is pray for opportunities to minister and look for them. And God will put people in our lives that need our help. And then we just need to help them feel loved. I know Ministering to Gods children, our brothers and sisters, is such a blessing. I think that is why sharing the Gospel strengthens us and helps us progress so much. We are always trying to focus on others.
I love the Gospel. I know Christ lives, I know He loves us. And if we look at all people like our own brothers and sisters we will come to love them and we will be able to help them to feel God’s love. I learned that this week. Now when I teach I try to imagine that I’m teaching James or Ben or Amelia Sarah Jacob or even Mom or dad. And it helps me love the people I teach.
I know this church is true, it is the restored church of Christ, I don’t doubt it. But like Alma, I know.
Love 
Elder Christensen







No comments:

Post a Comment