Monday, September 15, 2014

Good times and Bad times, but really all Good!

Funny story: we lost an investigator this week because I called her to set up and appointment with her. I knew that she was living with a man and they were not married, but a member told me that they were really living in two different houses. So I called her and said," hey how are you and how is your...FRIEND." She got mad and said she doesn’t want to listen to us anymore because I said friend and not husband. It was funny.

Also this week with our new comp elder Candia we finally brought an investigator to church named Natividad. She is an ex Jehovah’s witness and wants to get to know the church. She came but had to leave early so she left right after the sacrament. But, as is Chilean custom she kissed elder Candia on the cheek to say goodbye. But... missionaries can’t do that. We actually told her but she forgot. Well that happens every once in a while… we get kissed...weird. But the funny part of the story is Elder Candia was sitting on the front row and the Bishopric, the Stake president and the second counselor were there and they all saw it. It was right after he presented himself to the ward! It was awesome hahaha.
Juan Luis and me
Getting Baptized 9 months after I met him in the streets of Melipilla
                                             
Highlight of the week: I went back to Melipilla on Saturday to baptized Jose Luis. I thought he would never get baptized. We taught him for three months about 2 times a week and he came to church every week but never got baptized. He had a lot of challenges. But he talked to President Barreiros and asked if I could baptized him, so I got permission. I am so happy for him. His family came, not all, but a lot of them. He thanked me for stopping in the street that summer day in December to talk with him about the church and soccer. We just invited him to play soccer at the church and go to church on Sunday and he came. He’s 54 or something but a life long friend too. That was a miracle.

                                            

I really do believe in miracles. We never know who is watching or who needs our help. The spirit will guide us, we just need to have faith and act when we feel like we should. I thought what would have happened if I never stopped with Elder Alfaro that day to talked to Jose Luis in the street. He would still be looking for purpose and answers to unanswerable questions. This is Gods work. It cant be stopped because He is at the head of it. It will move on with or without us. But a lot better with our help. I know God loves us and trusts us to guide our brothers and sisters back to him! The book of Mormon is true too I know it!!
Love you mom and dad!

Elder Christensen


       

No comments:

Post a Comment